You want to be known as the expert. The ultimate leader in your field, in your niche. But, we live in a world of constant comparison-itus. It probably feels like standing out in your niche is a little bit out of reach. I mean, how could we possibly compare to all the other great people out there?
Well, gurl… it’s more than doable! In this post, I’m going to tell you how you can show up as the expert in your niche…
1. Find your own little space within your niche
The two biggest mistakes I see new business owners making when figuring out their position in their niche is…
- Copying their competitors – trust me, you don’t want to be a carbon copy of someone else. You have your own unique qualities and skills, let’s use them.
- Trying to the best at everything – no on know’s everything! Step into that zone of genius and focus on what you’re really good at.
Don’t make those mistakes. Take a step back to figure out what you do better than anyone else. What makes you different to the other coaches or online businesses out there? What is missing from within your online space? What gaps need to be filled?
Get hyper-specific on your niche. If you’re a coach, what kind of coach are you? What specific things do you help people overcome? What’s the added sparkle you give that no one has?
2. Give free value to your audience
Creating content for free doesn’t always feel like the best use of your time. But, clients paying clients don’t just magically appear. You need to attract them with something. That something is… free informative, inspirational, educational, valuable content.
Now, I know what you’re thinking… “How much should I give away for free”?
Your free value should address, what they need to do to solve their problem/ transform their business, and why they need to do it. The program, course, product or services you offer (the stuff you get paid for) will give them the HOW. This is how you upsell yourself.
3. Collaborate with other INDUSTRY experts
This is a scary one for a lot of people! But, it’s a great way to show up as an expert in your niche. It makes your audience go… “Wow, this girl must be really knowledgeable and well respected, as she’s showing up with all these other industry leaders”. Another added bonus is, it gets you in front of a whole new audience. More followers. More leads. More sales.
If the thought of going live with another leader gives you a twitchy bum, think of it as FaceTiming with a friend. The more you do it, the more natural it will become.
4. Show up consistently in your business
The human brain craves dependability because it makes us feel secure. Being consistent is what keeps people coming back for more.
Everything you do online is you showing up! It could be sharing educational info on your social media, managing your Facebook Group, replying to all your DM’s/ emails. No matter what you’re currently doing to get the word out about your business, keep at it. The more you show up for your audience, the sooner you are going to be seen as the expert in your niche.
5. Share social proof
If you’ve only just started out, you’re probably thinking “but, I don’t have any social proof yet”. Don’t worry here’s a few idea’s that will sort that…
- Testimonials – no clients, no problem. There are other ways to get testimonials… you could offer your services for free/ discounted. E.g. if you’re an aspiring coach, offer a couple of free coaching sessions. If you’re a new VA you could try a short-term internship for a couple of hours a week.
- Reviews – have you created a freebie/ lead magnet that people are loving? Share their feedback. If someone has found your content useful, share their comments or DM’s.
- Data/ numbers – if you can’t share your client’s successes, share your own. E.g. if you’re a social media manager, you could share your own IG insights showing growth, interactions etc.
- Certifications – a super simple way to establish some credibility is to display meaningful icons. This could be any relevant qualifications, certifications or certificates you might have.
Business is tough…
You’re not alone, I’ve been there too! You tell yourself you have to work crazy hours, have zero boundaries and say “YES” to every opportunity that comes your way. But, it doesn’t have to be like that.
If you’re ready to take action to get your business to the next level, without the overwhelm, stress, lack of clarity and direction, I’ve got you covered. Whether it’s private coaching or a strategy session I can help guide you in the right direction.